Friday, October 2, 2009

Veera asks: "I think the orthodontist is trying to get more money by assigning me bottom AND top braces?"

My top teeth are great! People have asked if I've had braces on them before, but no, I haven't. And only recently have I realized how crooked my bottom teeth are so I went to an orthodontist. I did this because one of my friends had crooked teeth like mine and they only gave her bottom braces and they weren't noticeable. So now I'm being forced into getting top and bottom braces because my mom's gonna ape if I turn back now. Can I convince the orthodontist to only give me the bottom layer?




You can definitely get a second opinion.

The fact is, you might need the top braces... not to straighten the teeth but to move them forward or back, to match where your bottom teeth will be at the end of treatment.

Here's another thing to consider: as the teeth on the bottom move, they won't fit into the same places they were fitting into before with the top teeth. That's just a fact. If the top and bottom never touched or chewed together you'd be just fine, but for now, the orthodontist is trying to play it safe and get everything on at the same time and move the mouth together.

No comments:

Post a Comment