Sunday, August 16, 2009

Inquisitive asks: "NEED HELP ON CLEAR ESSIX RETAINERS!?"

"heeey guys
soo the last time i asked a question on here i'd been to the orthodontist and been given hawley retainers, then when i went to my normal dentist last week she said that no way should i be wearing these they're doing nothing to keep my teeth straight la la la...
so she told me to wear my clear ones again (which i had to get back from my orthos assistant or whatever)

so now i'm wearing these really horrible ones with the crack and chunk missing out of it that's really painful to wear

should i listen to my dentist or call my orthodontist and see what he says? i don't wanna wear the hawley if they're not keeping my teeth properly straight...

so now i'm wearing the clear ones all day everyday cause that's what i'm used to doing now

hmm?"



Both will work.

But there's 2 ways to answer your question...

if the ORTHODONTIST got your teeth straight, HE should be the one to determine how to KEEP them straight, right? Your dentist is a dentist for a reason. Sure he may have taken classes on orthodontics and may even put braces on teeth in his office but an orthodontist has gone to school for it and my guess is the orthodontist would know better.

Here's the downside to that point. If your Essix retainers are painful, that means they're moving SOMETHING and it may very well be pushing your teeth back to where they should be. If they're really horrible with a crack and chunk missing and THAT'S what hurts, see if you can get a new set made.

No comments:

Post a Comment