Sunday, August 16, 2009

jiggywiggy asks: "CAN HAWLEY RETAINERS FIX A SLIGHT OVERBITE?"

"ok so i had braces for a year and 5 months but when my braces are removed, I still have this slight overbite that I'm just totally annoyed by. Its not major, its like 3mm from the lower teeth. And now I'm wearing hawley retainers 24/7. Can hawley retainers fix this?

I'm 15 btw if that helps."



3mm is normal.

Hawley retainers are great for keeping the teeth in the same arch the braces put them in. The only movement they will allow is for any open space between the chewing surfaces of your teeth to close.

They won't correct or change an overbite but 3mm is so slight it's really not much to worry about. Now if it were 5mm or greater... then you would have a problem that the braces would've fixed.

Good job for wearing your retainer tho ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment