Sunday, August 16, 2009

Kenz H asks: "ANYONE EVER HAD A FRENECTOMY OR A TOOTH EXPOSED??? HOW MUCH DOES IT HURT?"

"Also when ur "under" how does it feel?? Like ur sleeping??? And can u feel it??? Plz tell me!!! I need one in like 20 days and idk what it is!!!"



I had a frenectomy when I was little. The tissue connecting the lip to the gums comes together in a little V and those are called frena (singular: frenum). A frenectomy is basically snipping that little bit of tissue and suturing it.

I didn't go 'under' for it. They just numbed the area. It felt like a little pinch with the first needle and after that I didn't feel anything.

I DID go under though for wisdom teeth and it was honestly like i blinked. I didn't dream or anything and I definitely wasn't aware of time passing at all. When I came to I was still really drowsy though. I couldn't drive myself home but it wasnt a big deal. I was driven home and just slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment